Monday, February 10, 2014

4 Ingredient Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies





Two recipes in one!

This is one of those old favorite frugal recipes I am teaching my daughter for her college years. I don't care if she is only 8. Sometimes you need a cookie, and when you look around in your kitchen, all you can find is:


1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky. I won't judge)
1 cup sugar (brown, or white)
1 egg or 3 tbsp of egg whites if you have egg sensitivities like me.
Splash of vanilla.

Preheat oven to 375°. Spoon cookie dough into 1" balls and put on baking sheet. This is a sticky process and I like to get a spoonful, then scrape it off the spoon with my hand then onto the cookie sheet.


For the finish, you can choose to either flatten with the bottom of a glass. (If the glass sticks, just dip in sugar) and follow up with a cute little cookie cutter impression.

or...

You can do criss cross pattern with a fork,the same sugar trick applies if your fork is sticking.  This one reminds me of being little. Our sweet little old neighbor lady would bake us peanut butter cookies, shove them in a ziploc bag, and hand them to us as we whizzed by on our roller skates. 

Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Let cool and remove from baking sheet. Consume with reckless abandon. These are around 66 calories each. Even less if you are using egg whites.

Easiest homemade cookies ever.

Go make some!

Have any super easy, fuss free treats like this one? I'd love to see them.

(p.s. Yes. I realize that I used more parentheses than were entirely necessary on this post.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment