Friday, February 28, 2014

Banana Pancakes



Happy Friday!

It is suppose to be 57° and sunny here today! That's practically a Summer day!
To make it even better, my husband has the day off. We will be heading out to one of our favorite Springtime hiking spots as soon as my eldest gets out of school this afternoon. 
I rose especially early this morning, for no particular reason at all. It is a strange phenomenon that I have so much more energy if I rise before the sun, even with inadequate sleep.
So I found myself with a quiet house, unable to go back to sleep. I did some yoga, and wrote a bit. Then I made these banana pancakes from scratch before I woke my girl for school.

Banana Pancakes:
1 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
3 1/2 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
1Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 Tsp cinammon
1 1/4 Cup whole organic milk
3 Tbsp egg whites or 1 egg
3 Tbsp melted butter
1-2 over ripe bananas

Pre-heat griddle or pan. Mix all dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center and add in milk, egg, bananas, and butter. Mix until just blended. Lumps are ok.

Lightly spray griddle with oil, spoon batter onto hot griddle. Cook until done in the center, flipping halfway through. (I just wait until the bubbles are almost done on one side then flip).


















And,  I don't make banana pancakes without singing this song at least once.


Have a happy, relaxing weekend!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment