Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sometimes You Just Have To Have a Setback

I feel like I've read this story before.

The heroine starts out on an epic quest, determined and focused on her goal. Nothing can stop her (you may even wish to add a cape to this heroine if it helps) from reaching it.

Then inevitably her best laid plans are thwarted.

At this point, said heroine, always finds her feet and ultimately defeats that which has sought to destroy her. Right?

Have you read this story too?

What I'm really trying to say is, I am experiencing quite a setback.

Just in the 1st week of 2014 I managed to put $375 into our savings. The next night, I discovered a very, very bad home repair issue. It is so bad that we will have to tear part of the floor in the kitchen up! There is costly home repair and then there is costlyhomerepair(!).

Despite being a bit discouraged, I am so thankful for these reasons:

1. I never liked that kitchen anyway. It functioned well, so I didn't mess with it too much. This is obviously a sign from the Universe telling me I have put up with it long enough.
2. This home will eventually be a rental home, a kitchen update will bring in more rent. Eventually. It is something that we can tick off the list of things we need to do to get this house rental ready.
3. I have been working at the hospital quite a lot this month, which is extra income that will hopefully help offset this new expense. Sure we might not get too far ahead, but we are also probably not going to move backwards either. Grateful that the opportunity came up.
4. Its super fun to play around designing new spaces. This is excellent motivation.

I will be having contractors come to look at it on Friday. At which time I may have an actual freak-out.

I'll get back to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment